It’s an ultra-miniature, low-cost, surface mount; coax "switch” connector.
The 15K101-40ME4 connector can be used as either:
1) a low-cost, SMD, coax, point-of-entry to a PCB
2) a switch for temporarily disconnecting the on-board connection to the PCB to allow external-only testing of RF functions.
Micro-RF test switch Information (p/n=15K101-40ME4)
• For the verification of antenna/circuit performance in any kind of small device
• Frequency range up to 6 GHz
• Very small : 1.8 mm x 1.9 mm, height 1.5 mm
• Just 3.4 mm² required space– 50% space reduction on PCBs
• Lead-free solder process
• Robust design
You can use these on proto boards to isolate and troubleshoot portions of your circuit. Inject a signal through one connector and test on another – thereby verifying performance of individual circuits. Also you can migrate certain “test points” into production for easy troubleshooting in the manufacturing process.
An additional application is a bypass for on-board antennas. The switch allows the use on an on-board antenna for most applications but when more gain is required, an external antenna can be plugged in to bypass the on-board antenna.
Standard reel size is 9K pieces.
Rosenberger 15K101-40ME4 Insertion loss
3GHz - <0.035
3GHz to 6GHz - <0.055
Rosenberger 15K101-40ME4 Return Loss
2GHz - <1.15
5GHz - <1.22
Rosenberger 15K101-40ME4 Size:
1.8 x 1.9 x 1.5mm
>View VSWR data
>View Insertion Loss Info
Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can help with any other RF and Microwave components.