The 15K101-40ME4 connector can be used as either:
- a low-cost, SMD, coax, point-of-entry to a PCB
- a switch for temporarily disconnecting the on-board connection to the
PCB to allow external-only testing of RF functions.
Micro-RF test switch Information
- For the verification of antenna/circuit performance in any kind of small
- Frequency range up to 6 GHz
- Very small : 1.8 mm x 1.9 mm, height 1.5 mm
- Just 3.4 mm² required space – 50% space reduction on PCBs
- Lead-free solder process
- Robust design
Useful applications for the 15K101-40ME4 include prototype boards where
installation of a switch connector can isolate portions of a circuit and enable
troubleshooting. For example, inject a signal through one connector and test on
another – thereby verifying performance of individual circuits. These "test
points” can migrate into production for easy troubleshooting in the
manufacturing process. In the normally closed position, the Rosenberger
15K101-40ME4 has only 0.1dB of insertion loss.
A popular application is
as a bypass for on-board antennas. The switch allows the use on an on-board
antenna for most applications but when more gain is required, an external
antenna can be plugged in to bypass the on-board antenna.
See RFMW for more